Thursday, February 23, 2012

Winter Grillin'

So I decided the other day that I need to practice with my grill pan since I'm using it later this week (technically tonight since this post is so late). Also, I love chicken! So I grilled some chicken. Crazy, I know...

What you'll need:
2 chicken breasts
Pepper and salt to taste
Worcestershire sauce
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1/2-1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup? Chicken broth
Grill (or grill pan if you're freezing in winter like me)

Drizzle a tiny, TINY bit of olive oil onto your pan which is over medium heat. Put on your chicken breasts. Add salt and pepper and a pinch of cayenne for heat! Pour/splash the W Sauce over it until it smells good, or you can't breath. I went with the latter - who knew that cooking with that much W Sauce would make it feel like it was impossible to breath? Cook it for about 10-ish minutes per side. Check to make sure it's done with a meat thermometer - should be between 155 and 165 F (sorry rest of the world). Then take the pan off the heat, take the chicken out of the pan, and let it rest. Immediately pour the broth into the pan and mix it around with the tasty chicken bits, then pour over the chicken when you've sliced it up and are eating it. Cue devouring here!

No comments:

Post a Comment