Monday, February 13, 2012

Erika's Heaven

I'm a theatre major, and as such I perform in shows. Since I'm in college, that means I'm also supposed to do things like help set the stage up and take it down. However I don't like to, and managed (completely accidental, honest) (Truly, honest) to miss the set up or "load-in" if you want to be hip with the lingo. As a plea for forgiveness, I cooked dinner for my director. Erika (my director) requested terriyaki chicken and then I proposed quinoa stuffed bell peppers to go with. I used couscous, because it's cheaper.

Chicken - What you need:
4 chicken breasts
1/2 c soy sauce
1/2 c water
1 T ginger puree (mine was freshly grated)
1 T garlic puree (mine was freshly chopped)
1/4 c sugar

Put all of the non-chicken items in a small saucepan, and let simmer for 15 min. Cut some slices into the chicken, but don't cut all the way through and put all of the chicken into a smallish baking dish so they form a single layer. Once the sauce is ready, pour roughly 1/3 over chicken and bake at 375 for 25 min under foil. After the 25, remove foil, and cook for another 20 min - every 5 minutes you pour a bit more sauce over them. LET THEM REST then devour.




Peppers - What you need:
2 bell peppers - yellow!
1 box of couscous
1/4 c carrots - diced
1/4 c celery - diced
1 orange, zested and half juiced
1/4 c parsley
Edamame beans, thawed

Halve and de-seed your peppers, and boil them for 2 minutes to soften. Cook couscous as directed, then add everything else and mix together. Stuff couscous into peppers. Devour.




*You MUST make this recipe with cool jazz playing so you make classy food. This is entirely optional of course, but HIGHLY suggested.

No comments:

Post a Comment