Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Quiche: A Valentine's Dish for Me

My boyfriend was in rehearsal tonight (like every night) and so I have the evening to myself. In celebration of this loving day, I made myself quiche because I love quiche and quiche loves me and it's Love Day. In case you have no worldly pleasures in your palate, a quiche is a French egg pie - literally. Scrambled eggs, in a pie crust. Heaven.

What you'll need to make sweet love:
1 Pie crust - I had leftover homemade crust from a baking adventure over Xmas break. Store bought is equally delicious.
4 Eggs
1/2 - 1 c milk - guesstimate so that it looks like a yummy buttery color when mixed with eggs
Anything You Want Inside - Honest, a quiche is like an omelette pie, throw in whatever sounds good to you. I used sausage and cheddar cheese

Scramble your eggs with the milk in a bowl. Add in whatever you are adding in. (If it's meat, cook it first.) Pour all ingredients into the pie crust. Wrap foil around the edge so your crust doesn't burn, then cook at 375 for roughly 30 minutes. My stove is jank, so I can't give correct baking times.

*I should also give a special thanks to my roommate Helen, because yesterday I used her edamame, and tonight I used her eggs and milk. I'll pay her back in kind. Check out her blog here at: http://beautyinveterate.blogspot.com/*



No comments:

Post a Comment