Monday, February 13, 2012

Erika's Heavenly Beverage

With tonight's food, I also brewed a tasty iced tea. Of course I can't let anything go untouched by spices, so I went off book and made this wonderful drink to compliment the fabulous dinner with a friend.

What you need:
Black tea (Loose leaf is a fun challenge) (mine was decaf apricot if you want to be specific, but try something else if you want.)
Ground Cinnamon - a hearty dash, maybe 1/2-1 tbsp
Ground Clove - a minor dash, maybe 1/2 tsp
Ground Nutmeg - a medium dash, maybe 1 tsp

Boil a pot of water. Take off the heat and add tea and spices. Let steep for 2-3 min, then strain into a pitcher. Add water to fill your pitcher if it isn't full. Throw in the fridge and enjoy when it's cooled.

You can also drink it hot if you want... I'm sure it's delicious that way too, I just wanted to make iced tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment