Thursday, February 16, 2012

How do You not find Food Sexy?

So yesterday (Feb. 15) was me and my boyfriend's four year anniversary. In celebration, I cooked dinner! Who's surprised? As such, I made the wonderful Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken with Cherry Stuffing that I've been raving about for a week or two, and a deliciously rich Tiramisu Chocolate Mousse. While eating, I kept gawking over my chicken and how sexy I thought it looked - because it was sexy looking! - and Boyfriend just laughed at me, saying he thought I was silly, but it was delicious. I replied with, "How can you not think food is sexy?"

Long story short, I made a wonderful dinner, we danced in the living room to French cool jazz after dessert, and had a perfect night overall.

So! I'm not going to put the recipe's up here, because I won't lie, I used Chef John's recipes from FoodWishes.com. I will however give a few edits I had for each recipe, and link to the recipes I used.

http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2012/02/prosciutto-wrapped-chicken-stuffed-with.html - Chicken
I didn't get to use the sauce at the end because my roommate thought it was just a dirty dish and threw it out...
Also, it took my chicken 40-45 minutes to cook, not 20 like Chef's, but my oven is super shitty and never holds an even temperature.



http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2012/02/tiramisu-chocolate-mouse-pickem-up-and.html - Mousse
I had to use way more than 2 tbsp of coffee, more like 3/4c or 1c. Also, I didn't use/have wine (the pains of being only 20) so I just used water with the egg portion - which I cooked over the double boiler, it was way faster. Finally, go ahead and use an electric hand mixer for your whipped cream; it doesn't matter how cold your cream and bowl and whisk and heart are, it will take you forever. Chef John's comment of not cleaning a mixer after dinner is moot, because you have to make it 2-3 hours minimum before serving.


I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day, and if you didn't then maybe next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment