Sunday, February 26, 2012

We Can Help!

This blog is about my experiences with cooking and food. I can gladly and proudly tell you that this passion of mine comes from growing up in the kitchen with my mom and dad. However, I know that trend is a rapidly dying one, and sadly it could be gone soon. Today I just watched a video from a TED conference with Jamie Oliver talking about food. His passion and heart about what he's doing for food and for children to fight teh obesity epidemic is inspiring, and I just want you all to watch this video and realize that our problems are not permanent, however devastating they are. I hope that the efforts of people such as the First Lady Michelle Obama, Jamie Oliver, and others like them are met with open arms and open minds.

http://www.ted.com/talks/jamie_oliver.html - this video is also 20 minutes long, but it's definitely worth watching.

Also, there are plenty of other inspiring, funny, and poignant videos at the TED website, www.ted.com. You can even search by category of speech, such as food!

Keep cooking, and watch the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment